At last we can restart on Monday 19th April. Just a reminder of what is in
place to keep us safe and also enjoy activities.
Our plans to ensure 1st Kidderminster Boys’ Brigade is COVID Ready
We hope you and your family are safe and well.
As we emerge from lockdown and the government restrictions around the COVID-19 pandemic begin to be relaxed we are writing to update you on our plans for next session.
Our plans for re-starting face-to-face activities will follow Government and Youth Sector guidance, as well as guidance issued by The Boys’ Brigade and our local Church. Of course, in all this, our paramount concern is keeping our young people and leaders safe.
To help keep everyone safe we will be following The Boys’ Brigade’s COVID Code:
• New control measures will be in place based on Covid-19 Risk Assessment.
• Additional hygiene measures will be in place, including frequent hand washing and enhanced cleaning arrangements.
• Social distancing will be maintained.
• Group sizes will be limited.
• Accessibility and support will be provided for those who are vulnerable, shielding or affected by COVID-19.
Given the fact that we’re still recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic, there’ll be some restrictions on what we do and how we do it. This letter will let you know the steps we’ve taken to make sure we keep everyone safe and ensure the Company is COVID-Ready.
Firstly, anyone with COVID-19 symptoms MUST NOT attend any face-to-face activities and should follow government guidelines on self-isolation and testing.
Secondly, young people who are shielding or are in another vulnerable group might not be able to return to face-to-face activities at this stage. If your child’s shielding or in another vulnerable group, please contact me directly so we can chat through some options.
We’re also aware some young people, including young people with additional support needs, might need new or other reasonable adjustments putting in place to support a return to face-to-face – again, I’m happy to discuss this with you.
I’d also like to let you know some of the updates to our arrangements for making sure our indoor activities will be COVID-19 safe.
What you need to know about restarting BB on a Monday night
• All sections will meet on Mondays from 6pm to 7pm.• The sections will for the time being only run for an hour We will review this as we go to looking at extending the hour for Juniors/Company/Seniors only if the covid guidance allows us to do so and its safe to do so. The Company/Seniors to revert from 7pm at a later date.
• Anchors 6pm to 7pm. Juniors 6pm to 7pm. Company/Seniors 6pm to 7pm• The Anchors and Juniors will use the Main Hall/Prefab/Outside Quad area.• The first evening back (19th April) the Anchors will use the Prefab and Quad.
The Juniors will use the Main Hall.
Then they will rotate each week between the Prefab/Quad and main Hall
• The Company/Seniors will use the Main Church which will be cleared for activities.
• As the weather is getting better we will go outside to different places. We will ensure when we go out its to places that are safe for us to go to i.e not busy.
• Each section will have its own section staff that will only work in that particular section.
Anchors- Mrs Trish Criddle and Mr Liam McMahon
Juniors- Mr Graham Knight and Mr Tim Mills
Company/Seniors- Mr Tom Russell and Mr Neil Russell.
• All Boys MUST wear their uniform. If you need uniform then this can be ordered. Boys to only wear casual clothes if they have no uniform when restarting.
• Masks will be worn by staff and we encourage all Boys and those ages 11 plus to also wear masks while on Church premises and during BB activities including parents dropping off and picking up. Unless there is a health condition.
• No-one apart from Boys that meet that evening and staff are allowed into any part of the building. No siblings in other sections can enter the building unless it’s their night to meet.
• Can parents wait in the quad and we will bring Boys to you.
• Boys to bring their own drink, we cannot supply drinks.
• Hand gel stations will be available by the doors and in the main hall. And regular hand washing.
• All equipment will be cleaned before and after use.
• All areas such as toilets and main hall will be cleaned before and after use.
• All activities will be carried out so to ensure social distancing is in place.
• Subs will be £2 each per meeting. Preferably subs need to be paid in via bank transfer. Otherwise we will accept cash as long as it’s in an envelope/cash bag as left for 72 hours before handling. Also if cash to ensure it’s the correct amount as change will not be given out.
• There will be no tuck shop running until further notice.
• Please return the consent form. This is vitally important due to having track and trace information.
• We cannot run any sleepovers or camps until further notice.
• Staff will not be able to pick up or drop off Boys from home.
• Only the Main Hall, Main Church, toilets and corridor will be used to ensure this area has been cleaned.
The activities will be different from what we normally offer. But we do hope as I’m sure you do that over time if conditions allow, we can eventually go back to what activities the Boys really enjoy. We need to take the first few careful steps back into BB life and I am sure you understand this.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or concerns.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!